This week was definitely going to be a recovery week.
Training for this week:
Sunday: 0 (tired, low energy, but mellow)
Monday: 60 minutes - 6 miles (hungry all day)
Tuesday: 75 minutes - 7.5 miles (getting back to normal)
Wednesday: 60 minutes - 6 miles
Thursday: 75 minutes - 7.5 miles
Friday: 4 miles road with Danielle (ouch!)
Saturday: 20 miles (16 trail / 4 road with Danielle)
Total Weekly: 51 miles (27 machine / 24 running)
Good week all in all. I have had to eat more to keep my energy up. My weight stayed down so that was good. Next week, I'll have more opportunity to run trails a few times during the week and weekend, so more of my miles will be "real" running. That will allow me to stay away from roads for another week, unless I run with Danielle (got to keep her running - so, whatever it takes).

7 comments:
Okay, now what is recovery about the week? 51 miles? That doesn't seem like recovery...Maybe it's the 10 minute miles, nice and slow for you? Sheesh, you only took one day off. Your recovery week is double my recovery week! Of course, your runs are way more than double mine, so I guess it makes a warped kind of sense. Anyway, looks like you racked up the miles to me. And cool that you are running with your daughter!
I am assuming those machine miles are eliptical miles, which is why this is a recovery week. Of course I could be wrong, but I cannot picture you running on a treadmill.
Don't let me sway the vote for your fund run. I forgot about the holiday weekend since the 4th is on a Tuesday. I am going to attempt the solo relay, which is on the 21st-22nd so I will probably take it easy the two weeks before and try to rest. Glad to hear you are coming back and feeling good about your running.
Yes. Those are Eliptcal miles. I would hurt myself on a treadmill.
HEY, GOOD RECOVERY! HOPE IT KEEPS YOU AWAY FROM INJURIES AND OVERTRAINING!
How do you stay on elliptical for 60 min? I can do sometimes stepmachine for 45 min, but I read while I am pumping, so the time is not passing too slow.
Olga, The reason I can stay on for so long is because I don't have a choice. I either do that or risk injury by running. It changes my mind set when I look at it from that perspective. The iPod helps as well. I can get lost in the music as long as I am also focusing on something else. Usually that something else is training or a race that I want to do. Today, I thought about the different sections of the CCC 100 course. I went over in my mind all of the sections where I felt I could make up more time. There are a lot of places where I feel like I go too slow, so the time should be easy to find. The trick will be how will I prepare in order to be able to sustain a faster pace through those sections. Also, I noticed that in most of the pictures of me, I'm sitting down at the aid station. I want to do less of that to get moving quicker. This is not necessarily a big time saver in my mind as the rest is beneficial. However, again, if I want to take off time, I'll need to train more to be able to skip the sitting down parts.
BTW: If I had more time, I would like to spend more like 2 hours on the machine. *tc
I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»
Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»
Post a Comment