It's been a tough few months with my wife out of town dealing with her sick father. I was excited by the prospect of becoming a grandfather with the news that my oldest daughter was pregnant (she just told me last Friday). Kind of the cycle of life happening right before my eyes ... I have been fortunate not to have dealt with very much death in my family however, we're all aging and see our parents getting old now - it's inevitably going to happening.
Maya called me this morning to tell me her father was getting close to death (he has been in hospice care since Wednesday). She called me less than an hour later and told me that he had died. I'm sad and relieved for her and her family (especially her sisters). They've literally been spending every night in the hospital, and then hospice, for the past 2 weeks because their father wanted them there. They are wiped out both physically and emotionally.
Danielle, Kris and I will be heading out to San Antonio sometime this weekend to be with my wife, help her with her grief (she's taking this hard) and arrangements.
Now, over zealous that I am, I mistakenly started bragging to everyone about my becoming a grandfather. I should have known better to wait on this. My daughter, Ashley, started to have complications and has since lost the baby. She and her husband are doing well through this. They have a strong faith and know that God's timing is always right. I asked her if she would be trying again soon (that's how she was conceived ... soon following a miscarriage). She said that she was going to wait a bit as they just received confirmation on their orders to go to Germany (her husband is in the army). But she said, "Don't be sad Dad," and "You'll be a grandfather soon."
Life goes on ...

7 comments:
Ah, TC, a double whammy for your family. My condolences on both your losses. Have a good trip, and hang on to those positive Grand-daddy-t thoughts.
Sorry to hear about both losses. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
tc,
Our condolences to Ashley and her husband and Maya and her family, as well as to you. Your faith will help you weather this trial; as will the support of your friends. =>KRK
My husband lost his father a couple of months ago. He too was in the hospital for 2 weeks and then into hospice before passing.
My condolences.
Shoot, this is bad...have so much in so little time...I am sorry. Being together will pull you through. My thoughts are with Maya and Ashley and your whole family.
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»
Post a Comment