Monday, April 30, 2007

Training for States - Continued

April 15th-21st:
Sun: 0 miles
Mon: 6 miles
Tues: 4 miles medium
Wed: 0 miles
Thu: 6 miles medium
Fri: 8 miles medium
Sat: 0 miles
---------------------
Total: 24 miles
~ weird week as the long runs fell on the end/beginning of the adjacent weeks.

April 22nd-28th:
Sun: 50 miles fast
Mon: 0 miles
Tues: 3 miles slow
Wed: 6 miles medium
Thu: 6 miles medium
Fri: 6 miles medium / 2 miles eliptical / weights
Sat: 14 miles 7:30 min pace
---------------------
Total: 87 miles

I saw the Capital Peak pictures Glenn posted
and was a bit jealous that I didn't go. At the same time, it was planned for me not to. The extra miles may not have been good for me as I needed the break this weekend anyway. Still though, great weather, everyone out there having fun - some of the same people who ran Mt Si last weekend - sigh!

I have a tough training schedule next month so I'll need to make sure I get adiquate rest in order to not get injured. It's one thing to train hard for States, and quite another to not make it to the starting line.

May long run plans:
-------------------------------------------------
5/5 - 12 summits (solo) @ 7 - 7:30 range
5/12 - 12 summits (solo) @ 8 hour range
5/19 - watershed 12 hour (50+ miles)
5/26 - FA + 12 summits (about 50 miles) < 11 hours

*tc

9 comments:

King Arthur said...

You missed a great day. It was strange to see the ground where I've only ever seen snow. It was actually an easy run.

Anonymous said...

I second that! You sure missed a nice WARM day Tony! It was a totally different experience. Missed ya out there - but your 14 miler at 7:30 pace sounds tough, nice work. We're still hiding from the wrath of Van from early starting AND cutting the course short! :)

Ronda said...

It's hard to be believe WS is only about 50 days away! Looks like a low snow year so we might get to cross the river on foot, yeah!

Looks like some great training planned, have fun!

Tony C said...

I looked at the times Pearch posted for the 50M. Was the course short?

The 55K times seemed reasonable.

Jon said...

Dude, was I seeing things when I looked at the Cascade Crest 100 list? You're doing CCC100 after you finish WS100? Dude.....

Tony C said...

Jon, I don't understand what you're talking about???

Well, let's hope you're right. I hope to be running CCC after I "FINISH" WS100. Gotta finish it first though.

The 100 milers are actually far enough apart to be ok. I ran Bighorn (end of June 2003) and then ran CCC in August of that year. It seemed like a long time in between and I ran WR 50 in the middle of those. The real accomplishment was running the Skagit Flats marathon a couple of weeks after CCC.

In 2005, I ran a PR at CCC 100 (23:26) and then ran 3:13 at Skagit Flats 13 days later. 2005 was a good year for me - and I'm trying to be patient about getting back into that kind of shape again.

All this does not come over night ... it took me about 6 years to get to this point. Ask Rooster or some of the others who used to see me slog in these ultras for so many years before I finally got faster.

Patience Grasshopper! *tc

Olga said...

Seems like 2005 was agood year for many:) How funny, was it in the air?
Man, you must love 12 summits so much, I do want to visit them, but without you, so I don't get killed:)
Tell me more about Bighorn!

Jon said...

I know, I'm enthusiastic but impatient. But I've gotten better at "slowing my roll" so to speak. I can still hear Van in my head yelling for me to take it easy on the downs.

I'm amazed at those that do 100 milers and do more than one in a year (GrandSlamming or not). It's right up there in my book with those that do the Sri Chinmoy runs (like Tim Lawson - GO TIM!!!) and those that have done self-supported journey runs across the country.

I got no doubt that you'll be sporting a silver buckle when it's all said and done. :-)

Kendra Ralstin said...

tc, they changed the start at CP so the course certainly was different. the guys' times looked faster than 2005 at least. I don't know what 2006 was. You know, I got the same feeling when I looked at glenn's photos... but I always do! Even if I was THERE when he took them, it makes me want to go back and be there! :) Of course, you're in WAY better shape than I am. I'd have had no business out there even in the 55K. Have a great weekend! PS: those countdown counters make me panicky and I don't even have a race scheduled. Because I think of those counters as basically life itself, slipping away!!