Sunday, April 15, 2007

High Mileage

The last two weeks of high mileage training have been good. I'm a bit tired, which makes me concerned about next week's 50 miler ... but wait, that's the plan. Oh yeah!

April 1st-7th:
Sun: 62 miles
Mon: 0 miles
Tues: 4 miles slow
Wed: 6 miles easy
Thu: 6 miles easy
Fri: 6 miles easy
Sat: 14 miles 8 min pace
---------------------
Total: 98 miles

April 8th-14th:
Sun: 5 miles easy
Mon: 8 miles 7:30 pace / 2 miles eliptical / weights
Tue: 9 miles hilly
Wed: 8 miles 8 min pace / 2 miles eliptical / weights
Thu: 10 miles 8 min pace
Fri: 4 miles easy
Sat: 34 miles easy (12 summits)
---------------------
Total: 82 miles

Next week's plans: I was hoping to get some faster runs in, 7:30 pace or better, but I will be out of town on business a couple of the days. If possible, I'll try to get out. Otherwise, I'll be using the hotel dreadmill. *tc

7 comments:

Backofpack said...

Yesterday, 34 miles easy? That's not what I heard at my house!

Tony C said...

Just seeing if anyone is paying attention ;-)

Olga said...

Hey, I came by for a more detailed capture of your hill repeats!
Now I know I am never going to run with you:) Nice miles!

seagull junker said...

tough as nails. that is all that needs to be said here.

it is going to be a blast to watch you and all the pnw gang put on a good show at states. i'm excited for all!
tom

Jon said...

See ya on Sunday! I'll be with the 5am early starters.

Recover quickly tc!

King Arthur said...

No wonder you were tired Saturday. That's a whole lotta miles.

maniac hippo said...

Maybe if all those miles have tired you out, I'll have a chance of finishing within 4 hrs of you on Sunday.

OK, I'm being delusional again, the only way to finish close to your time is for me to change to the 50K. You probably know by now how likely that is.