Training for this week:
Sunday: 6 miles T - with D.
Monday: 60 minutes elliptical - 6 miles
Tuesday: 6 miles R / 7 miles T
Wednesday: 9 miles R
Thursday: 6 miles R / 8 miles T
Friday: 0 (softball - we won 12 to 1)
Saturday: 14 miles T
Total Weekly: 56 miles running / 6 miles machine = 62 miles
(R = Road, T = Trail)
I'm well on my way to recovery from my "out of kilter pelvic" injury, improving all the time. It's very satisfying to know that I can come back from a fairly debilitating injury like that over the course of months ... and not have it be the "end of the world" that I imagined at the onset.
My speed is still not there and road marathons are at best "glimmers in the distant future," and at worst, "something I used to do in the past." However, I'm feel like I'm back from a training perspective; especially on the trail. The White River 50 miler (July 29th) should be a good indicator of where I am and help me to determine what I will be able to run at CCC 100 (Aug 26/27) this year.
My mpw was 70 for June; that's up from 55 mpw in April and 53 mpw in May. Here are my weekly long runs since I started coming back in April:
Apr 22: 34 miles (12 summits)
Apr 29: 19 miles (Lake Youngs)
May 06: 0 (funeral in Texas)
May 12: 19 miles (Lake Youngs)
May 20: 63 miles (Watershed 12 hour run)
May 27: 16 miles (Lake Wilderness)
Jun 03: 36 miles (Mt Blanchard)
Jun 10: 38 miles (Lake Youngs)
Jun 17: 10 miles (road)
Jun 24: 50 miles (Relay for Life - track)
Jul 01: 14 miles (Lake Wilderness)
Jul 02: 33 miles (CCC training run)

3 comments:
Sounds like things are starting to get better for you. And Yes, I feel like I have found the joy again and I am pretty sure it does not involve schedules, or time goals, for now at least. I am thinking of White River as well, but will probably take an early start.
Tony,
I'll be crewing for Eric at WR, and will be manning an aid station at CCC. I'll look for you!
Excellent, love it! http://www.dvd-player-review-4.info/Home_decor.html
Post a Comment