Friday, August 11, 2006

The week of Aug 6-Aug 12

Sunday: 0
Monday: 0 (two days off, woah!)
Tuesday: 8.5 miles T
Wednesday: 8 miles R
Thursday: 6 miles R / 6.5 T (with Danielle)
Friday: 4 R (with Danielle)
Saturday: 22 miles T (9 summmits on Tiger with Rob)

Total Weekly: 55 miles running

(R = Road, T = Trail, E = Elliptical, G = Grass)

I'm starting to wind down training now for my 100 miler. I was scheduled to run another 12 summits this week but I felt on the edge training wise. I've been pretty sore lately although I'm also feeling strong - so I want to make sure I'm not over training to the point of injury. All week, I was trying to decide what I wanted to do on Saturday. Should I run a couple of FA loops (50K)? Run a couple of Lake Youngs loops (19 miles)? Just go out and run the 14 miles with the Lake Wilderness group and tack some extra miles on either the beginning or the end?

Finally, on Friday Rob emailed me and wanted to know if he could join me for the first miles of my 12 summits run. Well, that just opened the door for me to suggest a shorter out and back. After discussing how much time he wanted to be out there, between 5 and 5 1/2 hours, I thought Middle or so would do it.

We had good weather and the both Rob and I seemed to be fairly strong on the climbs and moving quickly. We ran a bit harder on the downs and flat section (from east to middle and back) than I thought we were going, so we ended up running it a lot faster that I would have guessed. Since we both run watchless, we were shocked to find out we were only out there 4 1/2 hours.

I'm as ready as I can be now for CCC 100 miler - now I just have to run what I've trained to do.

Weekly miles since injury comeback:
Aug 06 - Aug 12: 55 miles
Jul 30 - Aug 05: 67 miles
--------------------------
Jul 23 - Jul 29: 88 miles - 80 mpw average in July
Jul 16 - Jul 22: 58 miles
Jul 09 - Jul 15: 70 miles
Jul 02 - Jul 08: 104 miles
--------------------------
Jun 26 - Jul 01: 56 miles - 68.5 mpw average in June
Jun 19 - Jun 24: 88 miles
Jun 11 - Jun 18: 42 miles
Jun 04 - Jun 10: 76 miles
--------------------------
May 28 - Jun 03: 68.5 miles - 53 mpw average in May
May 21 - May 27: 51 miles
May 14 - May 20: 89 miles
May 07 - May 13: 42 miles
Apr 30 - May 06: 30 miles
--------------------------
Apr 23 - Apr 29: 53 miles
Apr 16 - Apr 22: 62 miles


Weely long runs:
Aug 12: 22 miles (9 summits)
Aug 05: 34 miles (12 summits)
-------------------------------------------
Jul 29: 50 miles (White River 50M)
Jul 22: 29 miles (Lake Youngs)
Jul 15: 34 miles (12 summits)
Jul 08: 34 miles (12 summits)
Jul 02: 33 miles (CCC training run)
Jul 01: 14 miles (Lake Wilderness)
-------------------------------------------
Jun 24: 50 miles (Relay for Life - track)
Jun 17: 10 miles (road)
Jun 10: 38 miles (Lake Youngs)
Jun 03: 36 miles (Mt Blanchard)
-------------------------------------------
May 27: 16 miles (Lake Wilderness)
May 20: 63 miles (Watershed 12 hour run)
May 12: 19 miles (Lake Youngs)
May 06: 0 (funeral in Texas)
-------------------------------------------
Apr 29: 19 miles (Lake Youngs)
Apr 22: 34 miles (12 summits)

6 comments:

King Arthur said...

How do those mileage numbers compare to last year? Specifically your long runs and total weekly miles.

King Arthur said...

Wow! you ran 406 miles more than I did during that time but your long runs only totaled to 34 more miles. I did count Saturday-Sunday marathons as one run of 52.

Tony C said...

Arthur, the long runs are the most important runs of the week. The difference should show only be in the speed at which you run your race.

So, the long run should be long enough so that you can "complete" your race.

It should be done often enough so that you can complete your race "comfortably."

And, it should be done fast enough, and aided by faster midweek runs so that you can "race" your race.

I have done all of the above components and should be able to race CCC. One thing that I would add to race to win would be to run more mileage; especially back to back long runs.

BTW: I don't know what I ran last year as I don't keep a training log. I was only able to compile these numbers because of this blog. However, I ran an estimated average of 60-65 mpw throughout the year. And I was faster because I did more road running.

*tc

King Arthur said...

Thanks Tony!

Kendall K said...

tc, sounds like you are ready to me. That's more miles per week than I have EVER run. I'll be out for a warm 150 miles on Saturday, but a bicycle will be involved. KRK

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Bose headphone utah Escada skin care products Mail ld saab look Car dvd in system minivan northwest airlines visa manila diet pills didrex 3 month supply cheap To casino blackjack roulette Latina interracial movie Potatoes in a potato battery internet marketing cheap phentermine