Amidst the job hunting and getting my "mind" back on track, I've run a couple of marathon fun runs (Skagit Flats and Gateway to the Pacific) and swept Cle Elum Ridge 50K with Van. That made for a "successful" September, getting myself back into the "I really do love to run," mode.
My marathon times weren't spectacular but still were the fastest I've done this year (just under 3:30 both times). While Gateway was faster, the weather at Skagit was much more enjoyable. I could have run it, walked it, whatever, in 4 hours and had fun because it just felt good to be out there. As it was, I hung around with others in the sun and went to lunch with a group on the way home. Gateway was a bit different. It was actually warmer than I thought it would be considering the wind and rain - still I was a bit more motivated to finish this double out and back to get out of the driving wind (out section). All in all, I still had fun at this race ... that had plenty of food at the finish line. And I ate my fill, and probably someone else's as well.
Now I'm looking forward to getting out there and seeing what I can do on the 100K in less than 2 weeks.
Hope to see some of you out there this fall. *tc

6 comments:
tc -
I'm not going to any marathons that you are at if you're gonna eat my fill before I get there. It's good to see a post from you and that you are having good times on the run!
Which 100k?
It's great to hear that you are back to doing 'fun runs'. Those are my favorite kind!
Glad to see a "fun" post from you. You looked like you had fun at Cle Elum despite the long day. Looking forward to the battle of the bloggers at the 100k!
It was good seeing you at Elma tc!
Back to fun, sweeeeet. Glad to see your spirit is revived. Have a great 100K.
Happy to hear from you. Yep, I go through "Gosh, I really do love to run" stages as well:) But we need to pull back from time to time. Have fun at 100k.
Post a Comment