Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Let's Get Back to Training! - 12 Summits Time ...

I'm going to run 12 summits this Saturday with Steve, Eric, and Rob. Anyone else out there want to join? - you are of course welcome. This will be another exploration trip for these guys. Eric did the full course with Arthur and me a few weeks ago but I think it takes a couple of times for the directions to sink it. Then he'll be leading others ...

Arthur photo-mapped the trail (not sure where he got that HOT model to run with him). Print the turns if you can ... I know the course well and he captured the turns perfectly.

Let's go have some fun playing on Tiger!

And, DON'T FORGET to come to the Lake Youngs Fund Run - Auburn Moutainview XC: Saturday, July 14th (7:00 or 6:00 am early).

See you all on the trails!

*tc

5 comments:

shawn said...

Have fun you guys. Wish I could go, but I've got to go over to Spokane represent the West si-ide (more like I'll be trying to keep up with Van and Christel).

That Shela is one hot b!tch.

See you next Saturday - not sure how many laps though.

Lisa B said...

Hey TC, I read your WS report. It brought back memories of my first WS in 2001 when Duncan Canyon was also part of the course. I really struggled that first 50k and - get this! - I took a face plant a few miles our from Robinson Flat! I had stumbled so many times so the fall really shook me up. I sat on the trail and "allowed" myself 2 minutes of pity (I felt all around horrible), and then I got up and, after Robinson, the trail was so much easier. I had run the course from Robinson to the finish in the training runs, but I did not know what to expect for the first 30 and I didn't like it at all.

Yep, there's lots of hoopla. But you knew that! I think it's part of the mental strategy to allow the aid and people to cheer and help you. I know that's tough for many people. It used to be for me too...until I ran Badwater, the ultimate dependent race! :)

You know, for the amount of struggling in your mind and legs, you really pulled out a very nice race. You pulled away from Dave and I at Foresthill and never looked back. That's a pretty darn good race for someone who doesn't like downhills much!

So, I say, congratulations. You bagged WS. I hope you go back now that you know more what to expect. You've got a Silver in you for sure. We all know that.

In any case, great job and glad your recovery went well.

See you soon. Maybe at CCC.

Journey to a Centum said...

tc - thanks for the great run! I did 20min in the ice bath and my legs felt good today. Let's stay in touch for some other training runs in the next few weeks.

Eric

Journey to a Centum said...

I'm liking the sound of a Tiger Mt. 100K+ with the night run option! That would be 21,000 feet of elevation gain! Hmmmm that sounds familiar. Start the first 34 miles at say 12:00 Midnight on a Friday/Sat and meet up with another pacer at 8:30AM for the second half. I think I'd need to eat some to keep my energy levels up for those last few peaks and to keep the sufferage to a minimum.

Does this sound like fun or what? *tc you are brilliant!!!... and crazy!

- Nothing good or great can be done in the absense of enthusiasm.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great time, I wish I could come.

home fitness