Sunday: 0 Monday: 6 miles E Tuesday: 6 miles E Wednesday: 6 miles E Thursday: 6 miles E Friday: 0 Saturday: 35 miles T (Sweep Cle Elum Ridge 50K)
Total Weekly: 24 miles E / 35 miles T
(R = Road, T = Trail, E = Elliptical, G = Grass)
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Hey are you still hurting or something? I was wondering because of the elliptical miles and the sweeping duty. If I only would have shown up I could have said that I finally beat TC, ha ha.
Yeah. I'm still hurting and need to take it easy. I was going to run with Van and/or Arthur but they couldn't find a sweep. That actually was tougher than I thought it would be. After a couple of miles, I was told there were some late starters. I had pulled the ribbons down so I ran back to help them find there way (note the extra mileage). I tried to catch Cheri who was in back but after getting a couple of miles behind and having to stop and pull ribbons, I could never catch up. Plus, I was sore. I completely forgot to bring ibuprofin with me so I got behind on pain management (sore glutes and periformis). I was finally able to bum some ibuprofen at the first aid (11 or so miles) and that's all I needed. About 20 miles into it, a motor cycle rider stops and asks me if I'm the sweep. I say "yes" and he tells me that there are two people who had gone off course behind me. I went to right before the next aid (where Glenn was taking pictures) and let him know I was going back to get the 2. They were only about a mile back at that time. I got them and ran in with them. It was Stephanie Day (MM) and Craig Foster. I guess this was Steph's 2nd ultra and Craig's first so they were both hurting. They were shocked at how much climbing there was on the course ... which made me smile. *tc
2 comments:
Hey are you still hurting or something? I was wondering because of the elliptical miles and the sweeping duty. If I only would have shown up I could have said that I finally beat TC, ha ha.
Yeah. I'm still hurting and need to take it easy. I was going to run with Van and/or Arthur but they couldn't find a sweep. That actually was tougher than I thought it would be. After a couple of miles, I was told there were some late starters. I had pulled the ribbons down so I ran back to help them find there way (note the extra mileage). I tried to catch Cheri who was in back but after getting a couple of miles behind and having to stop and pull ribbons, I could never catch up. Plus, I was sore. I completely forgot to bring ibuprofin with me so I got behind on pain management (sore glutes and periformis). I was finally able to bum some ibuprofen at the first aid (11 or so miles) and that's all I needed. About 20 miles into it, a motor cycle rider stops and asks me if I'm the sweep. I say "yes" and he tells me that there are two people who had gone off course behind me. I went to right before the next aid (where Glenn was taking pictures) and let him know I was going back to get the 2. They were only about a mile back at that time. I got them and ran in with them. It was Stephanie Day (MM) and Craig Foster. I guess this was Steph's 2nd ultra and Craig's first so they were both hurting. They were shocked at how much climbing there was on the course ... which made me smile. *tc
Post a Comment